Search Our Blog Below

“I’ll be in the Senate for life” — Three-time governor of Yobe State, Senator Ibrahim declares

I’ll be in the Senate for lifeA former governor of Yobe State, Senator Bukar Abba Ibrahim (APC, Yobe East), said yesterday that he will be in the Senate for life. Ibrahim had served as Yobe governor three times before he went to the Senate in 2007.

He was re-elected in 2011 and for the third time in 2015. He is at the moment the Chairman of the Senate Committee on Ecology and Climate Change. His wife, Khadija Bukar Ibrahim, was at the House of Representatives also for the third time until Pres. Buhari made her Minister of State for Foreign Affairs in 2015.

READ ALSO :- Colourful Traditional Wedding Pics Of Man Who Married 2 Wives Same Day In Delta State

It was not clear who 68-year-old Bukar was sending the message to, but he is from the same senatorial district as incumbent governor of the state, Ibrahim Geidam, who is also rounding up his tenure as governor.

“We are very grateful to God and to all Nigerians. Let me categorically say, Mr. Senate President, that I will stay in the Senate until death do us part. Everybody tells me that I’m Senator for life. I’m going to be in the Senate for life,” he said.

Credit: DailyTrust

0gial

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Labels

Blog Archive