Search Our Blog Below

This Picture Got Me Thinking...

I saw this picture, and although I initially laughed, I began to ponder on something that has being niggling at me for sometime


The part that caught my eye was "when she is leaving, you give her 5k".

Personally I belong to the school of thought who feel that a girlfriend shouldn't give a boyfriend wife benefits. That means limit the 'wifey' duties you perform for a man who hasn't paid your bride price. Fine, you can go to his house once in a while and help with some stuff, but when you make it a habit then he will begin to take you for granted.

Closer home, my cousin once had a girlfriend who usually came to his family house to see him on a regular basis. The girl would  volunteer to the chores at home. One day, his mum (my aunt) and his sisters told him that since the babe was coming to do work nobody sent her, they would start giving her WORK.



From that day, whenever his girl came over, they would give her all the chores everyone hated, eg, washing the toilet, cleaning the dirty windows, scrubbing the kitchen. At first the lady was elated that her future mother-in-law was accepting her, but after some time everyone noticed that the girl had reduced her frequent visits. Within a short time the girl stopped coming entirely. Lmao!

I have a friend who told me that his girl would not come to his home unless he invited her over.

I agree with him.

My point is this: Can't you limit the wifey benefits you give your man? Why will a lady keep going to her man's house to do wifey chores? When he obeys the laws of 'See Finish' and doesn't compensate you well like the good little maidservant you are, you generate pained cartoons like the one that inspired this post.

This is entirely my opinion, though, but i still hope i made sense.  *winks*
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Labels

Blog Archive