Search Our Blog Below

Hajj Pilgrim Who Excreted 76 Wraps of Cocaine, Jailed for 10 Years

Hajj Pilgrim Who Excreted 76 Wraps of Cocaine, Jailed for 10 YearsA female pilgrim Binuyo Basirat Iyabo, who was caught trying to smuggle 76 pellets of cocaine to Mecca, Saudi Arabia has been jailed for ten years with hard labour.

The judgement on the 55-year-old female pilgrim was passed by Justice B.O. Quadri of the Federal High Court, Abuja.

In his judgment, Quadri said the sentence would serve as a deterrent to others. Besides, he said the hard labour was added to the sentence because the convict failed to reveal the identity of her sponsors.

Last September, Binuyo tested positive to narcotic ingestion at the Abuja airport, while on pilgrimage to Saudi Arabia. She was immediately placed under observation, where she excreted 76 pellets of cocaine.

NDLEA commander at the Abuja airport, Hamisu Lawan, said the convict, in her statement, agreed to smuggle the drugs for a fee.

She was quoted to have said, “I wanted to expand my cosmetic business but I have no money. My sponsor offered to foot my expenses to Saudi on pilgrimage. I was excited until I was asked to take drugs along. I wanted to decline but considering the offer of N1m, I accepted.”

Binuyo was a trader at Dosumu market and married with three kids in Lagos

0gial

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Labels

Blog Archive