Search Our Blog Below

2face predicted his present persecution 3 years ago but we all didn’t pay attention

If you didn’t know, you’d think 2face was the problem with Nigeria.

Since his announcement and subsequent pull out of today’s One Voice Nigeria protest, he’s been roundly criticized and called names for backing out.

Funnily, it seemed like he saw it coming. On The Best I Can Be, off his The Ascensionalbum in 2014, his lyrics seem to perfectly match the current happenings.

Singing in his trademark mellow voice, he says in part:

‘I try to be the best that I can be/ No need to force it /I try to understand the best I can / No need to force it/ In the beginning there was fire on the mountain/ Fire caught the chair and the fire start something /Start to thinking about the way some people feeling/ Why some people feel about the way someone is stealing…

And then he goes on: I say na wetin I go do to stop this palaver/ If I slap am now them go say I dey kolo too/ But if I leave am now, them go say I dey fear eh/ So I start to search for the answer/ Whether I get the power to face this kasala/ Because of the repercussion, make I no do something wey go make me end up for station/ You know this we nation / Na so them kpai Dele Giwa and we still dey get inflation…

For someone that many people have criticized for not being a ‘prophet like Fela‘, maybe he saw this one coming.

Or what do you think?

360gial

Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Labels

Blog Archive