Search Our Blog Below

Must Read: Midnight Saga… Part 18

Ibro Noticed the Surprise on my face!
He smiled,
I apologised for encroaching.
I later left for Practice.
the generator had a problem, we tried to fix it for about 1 hour, Futile.
A mechanic later came by and changed the carburetor.
we commenced practice at about 12pm.

The moves were really boring, and too easy.
I tried not to stick out my neck. I just followed.
But the truth is, those moves weren’t the “Winning Moves”
I got a call while in practice, I excused myself.
“Hello, please who am I speaking with”. it was a new number.
” its Yemi”
“Miss Endowed?” Yeah she replied and laughed.
“Oooh, I thought you were never gonna call”
“why not?” she asked.
“You’re too pretty to have my time na”
She laughed again.
“I was thinking maybe we could hang out some time” but unfortunately am not in town.
“Hmmmmm! where are you? ”
“Am in school, I just came by for the weekend”.
” okay, call me when you’re back”
“it will be my pleasure I replied”
I ended the call.
I went back to join them, the capon asked everyone to listen.
“Please, you guys should switch off your phones,During practice, we need to be focused, with our eyes on the prize”
I raise up my hand.
“Yes what’s the problem”, all eyes turned to me.
Am sorry, but I think this moves are really boring. with all due respect, I doubt we can win the competition with this stuff.
There was silence for about 30 seconds.
Rita turned to face me, how can you say this moves are boring? are you Crazy?
Everyone was upset, especially the Old guys.
I just kept mute. Shayo hissed.
“All this new lads that feel they know better” Capon Muttered.
“I think Jeff is right!” it was Gabriel,
“We aren’t really killing it.”
I still remember him for that Gesture, he stood by my side and supported me.
it gave me some sort of Courage, I Moved forward.
“I think dance is more than just moving your body in rhythm to music, its about passing a message through Dance! I said
6 Crews will be Contesting,to win the medal, we have to do something, extraordinary, something no one has seen at this level.
I brought out my phone, there was a Video of the Final my crew and I did back in Secondary School, I got to my Video folder, played the Video and handed it over to Capon
5 of them including Gabriel, all congregated to watch what i wanted to show Capon.

They reached a Scene, and said Wow!
I knew the scene they were at, I just Smiled.
Soon they were through watching. Everyone became Quiet, some of them stealing glances at me.
” You have something Better than what we’re doing” Capon Asked!
“Its not just about me, its about everyone of us, I just believe we haven’t given our best yet. I promise to give mine” just like you said, I turned to Rita, “Its now or never”
I could see Smiles on their Faces, Starting from the Capon to Everyone else.
We were later Dismissed.
Capon urged me to come back on Monday with a Prototype.
I left there, Headed for home, Already tired and hungry.
I knocked on Ibro’s door, he opened and let me in, with a smile on his face.
“Jeff this is Jennifer, My Girlfriend”
My eyes widened, oh my!
I extended my hand, she was lying on the couch.
“Since when have you guys been Seeing Each other”!
“we met two days ago, almost like fate brought us together” Ibro said while he caressed her hair.
She Chuckled!
I was Shocked, I tried so hard not to let it show, so Jennifer wouldn’t misinterpret it.
The Almighty Ibro, who would rather Spend Thousands to get Laid, than keep a Lady.
here he is, not only with a girlfriend, but he calls it ‘Fate!’
He looked so happy, happier than ave ever seen him.
There was that look of Satisfaction on his face.
“He was in Love
To Be Continued…
Share:

No comments:

Post a Comment

Popular Posts

Labels

Blog Archive